Swvl is a global tech startup based in Dubai that provides a semi-private alternative to public transportation for individuals who cannot afford or access private options. The Company has built a parallel mass transit system offering intercity, intracity, B2B and B2G transportation in 10 megacities across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Swvl’s tech-enabled offerings make mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly, while still ensuring that it is accessible and affordable for everyone. Customers can book their rides on an easy-to-use app with varied payment options and access high-quality private buses and vans that operate according to fixed
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Develop the Global Demand (online and offline growth and marketing) strategy & annual plan for the inter-city business, and ensure resources are allocated to the highest impact projects.
● Partner with Central Growth and Marketing teams in strategic and tactical planning globally.
● Own Utilization on the Swvl Managed transportation inter-city network, as well as sales on the Aggregator Marketplace network, and work closely with country General Managers on improving their sales planning to accommodate for seasonality and customer demand trends.
● Secure commitments from cross functional stakeholders to deliver high priority initiatives & revenue targets.
● Support the Global Supply team in the development and ramp-up of service lines, geographies, and clusters that show promising demand signals to increase the selection offering.
● Oversee a global budget and analyze the effectiveness of various programs and opportunities across all operations countries
● Lead prioritization exercises to define opportunities for driving new customer growth and help define business requirements for features that can be added to product roadmap
● Ensure a positive customer experience across various channels, and work as an advocate for our customers internally
● Partner with central growth and marketing teams to understand how global programs can be made locally relevant in a scalable way
● You hold a degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
● You have leadership experience gained through 7+ years of business and team responsibility in the field of digital marketing and offline marketing in a global setup.
● You have a background in (transportation, ride hailing, logistics, e-commerce, consulting, investment banking) or similar industries as well as in project management.
● Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to back up assumptions.
● Fluency in English is required, any other language is a plus.
● Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed
● You bring an entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on mentality and are full of energy and ambition.
● You are organized. You deliver on time & handle competing priorities well.
● You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are an inspirational leader and never stop challenging the status quo.
● You are a strong communicator; you enjoy representing your teams and lead with both confidence and passion.