SWVL is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan. Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
As Swvl continues to expand its TaaS services around the world, the Swvl team is looking for a motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment to take Swvl’s TaaS to the next level.
As the TAS Head for Swvl, you will own the growth strategy of our solution suite in the Kenya region, be responsible for developing and motivating a high-performing sales and operations team, and build a strong network with internal and external partners to develop account acquisition and expansion strategies.
We are looking for an experienced business leader with a proven track record of leading matrixed teams and exceeding sales targets. To be successful in the role, we need a motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strategic mentality who thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead Swvl’s TaaS in Kenya. Drive overall strategy, execution, operations, and growth of this important part of Swvl’s strategy.
- Lead a sales organization across Kenya to enable Swvl TaaS to scale through high-impact programs executed both centrally through HQ and localized through key markets.
- Develop overall TaaS strategy and run quantitative assessments on the region to generate impactful insights.
- Partner with Sales Operations to build go-to-market processes, establish performance KPIs, and drive organization effectiveness.
- Work closely with local operations and marketing teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategies and deploy resources to build the Swvl TaaS product in several locations.
- Work with clients and potential customers to help close key deals.
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, BD, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leaders in the region to set strategy and drive execution.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience managing both sales (B2B) and operational teams
- Outstanding business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish high-value priorities and strategies to pursue them.
- Experience working effectively with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment.
- A portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets, business objectives, and larger company goals.
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion - leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions