- Influence and contribute to Android
architecture across the engineering organization.
- Drive best engineering practices within
your team and Android chapter.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term
strategy of the Android chapter.
- Define, scope out and lead a long-term
effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl android application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by
translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and
deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as
citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that
are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural
problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- 5+ years of experience developing,
shipping and maintaining native Android apps
- Expert level knowledge in Android
development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks
- Strong leadership experience: Leading
meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills:
Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical
and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in mentoring and
supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering
- Understanding of software design
patterns and Android design patterns
- 3+ years experience with web services
(consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience working closely with product
- BS in Computer Science or a related
technical field or equivalent practical experience