Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
We are seeking a Head of Public Relations to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
What you'll do
- Develop a global public relations communications plan including corporate narrative, objectives, strategy, & budget
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media.
- Develop & manage all public relations activities.
- Direct community management team to engage audiences across digital platforms.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Coordinate media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, Swvl Blog, and keynote presentations.
- Develop and arrange media workshops and webinars.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate PR results.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships.
- Develop a crisis management playbook for the company.
- Develop and manage an influencer marketing strategy.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends.
Ideal candidate would come with
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field with over 8 -10 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to the media.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.