Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
In 4 years Swvl started operating in 9 cities across Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, KSA, Pakistan, and UAE.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Test Engineers to join our team.
About Marketplace Tribe:
Marketplace is the platform that connects customers and captains. Our goal is to be reliable, profitable, and scalable. We do this by focusing on ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals), pricing, dispatching, support multiple choices of rides, and the network’s efficient coverage growth.
- Ability to work with agile methodology, experience in driving and delivering high-quality products to production
- Be responsible for teams’ productivity and have the ability to seek out areas of improvement in tools, software frameworks, and processes that you can implement to make the team more productive. Co-Work with Test Infrastructure to optimize test environments
- Develop and manage roadmap and execution of software test architecture,
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes
- Address technical debt incurred affecting infrastructure.
- Lead the development of complex end to end quality strategies and approaches; oversees test automation strategy development and execution for large projects or technical domain area
- Creates, approves, and manages all types of automated test strategies across all parameters both functional and non-functional areas; including system, integration, performance, security, usability.
- Stress, Scale, and Load testing of our products
- Review and test your teammates' pull requests.
- Create a vision for quality management
- Supports test team by providing technical guidance, domain expertise, coaching, and problem-solving in complex or large projects
- Actively contribute to improving the testing processes overall
- Participates in improving the chapter performance & approaches
- Influences the direction of automation efforts, its schedule, and priorities
- Having a bigger picture whenever a new feature/project is initiated and being able to build a good test infrastructure for it (documentation, automation & test plans)
- Proven experience introducing and qualifying manufacturing test solutions to production facilities
- Experience in managing detailed test coverage and improving test efficiency.
- Strong technical knowledge – able to interpret technical designs and challenge design decisions.
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience of Docker , Kubernetes and container technologies
- Experience in performance, load, stress testing types
- Knowledge of testing approaches like TDD and BDD.
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines for the related projects
- Experience in testing backend services such as APIs, Databases, distributed services “distributed system”
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'
- Clear, logical communicator.