Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
As the Growth Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for Brand & Media, you will be owning the top of funnel digital advertising efforts by defining, owning & executing the digital marketing strategy for Swvl’s B2C Brand Campaigns & always on evergreen brand campaigns. Ideal candidate for this role would be someone who loves & enjoys growing tech driven businesses’ top of funnel using brilliant distribution of brand content via digital channels, lives & breathes optimisation using a blend of an analytical & creative mindset and has the knack & hunger to drive efficiency by leveraging & unlocking new channels, experimentation & automation. This role reports to the Head of Digital Marketing
What you’ll do
- Own the top of funnel digital advertising efforts across all our markets from a media perspective
- Align clear campaign goals, budgets and KPIs with relevant stakeholders from brand, product, finance and operations
- Work closely with the central & local brand marketing teams for end to end planning, execution & measurement for all digital brand media campaigns
- Provide inputs, expertise & thought leadership to brand teams & city operations to improve efficacy & impact of content development and optimization, advertising, etc.
- Ensure all campaigns have learnings and deep measurement plans attached in addition to comprehensive & robust tracking
- Work in conjunction with other growth marketing managers to ensure consistency in creatives and messaging across shared campaigns & projects
- Leverage data & analytics to make intelligent, informed & quantitative optimizations to improve critical metrics for campaigns & communications
- Own the paid boosting & paid distribution of all brand content that goes out from Swvl’s social channels
- Drive innovation and industry-leading digital media activations by constantly finding new ways to leverage new brand placements & properties
- Build & manage relationships with strategic partners like Facebook, Google, media agencies and publishers
- Measure the impact of work by establishing the right KPIs, developing reports, and communicating results with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Partner with internal & external design & creative stakeholders & agencies to constantly improve the performance of brand creatives & campaigns.
- Research & execute the Go To Market strategy for new markets that Swvl will be entering from a digital growth, top of funnel & content marketing perspective
- Be a thought leader & innovator in finding new ways to engage with customers and establish Swvl as the first & preferred choice of commute
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of B2C experience in Digital Marketing space and at least 2-3 years of hands on experience in either a tech company or a digital agency that has managed tech brands
- A track record of demonstrable business results through testing and deploying effective media strategies for brand campaigns across different channels with a trial-and-learn mindset
- Deep knowledge of the media landscape across all major channels & international markets
- Solid understanding of integrated marketing & the role brand plays in consumer’s digital journeys
- Hands-on experience & highly proficient in digital advertising platforms like Facebook, Tiktok, Linkedin, Google Ads, YouTube, Google DV 360 & other programmatic channels
- Proven understanding of media management processes, including campaign management, optimizations, and reporting
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to detail with swift execution.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, and cross-functional skills to collaborate with Creative team, Brand Marketing, City & Country teams
- Self-motivated with an ability to think independently & analytically, comfortable working as an individual contributor, but also able to lead and motivate others toward a goal.
- Regional & Global exposure in digital brand advertising is a must
- Experience with Google DV 360, Facebook Ads & MMPs like Adjust, Appsflyer is a must.
- Experience with both App & Web based paid marketing campaigns is a must.
- Some working knowledge of HTML & CSS will be good to have.
- Some experience with offline media channels is a good to have.