What You Will be Doing
● Influence and contribute to Android architecture across the engineering organization.
● Drive best engineering practices within your team and Android chapter.
● Work hands-on in a squad.
● Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the Android chapter.
● Define, scope out and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for the Swvl android application.
● Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
● Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
● Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable, and avoid surprising outcomes.
● Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
What You Will Need
● 5-8 years of experience developing, shipping, and maintaining native Android apps.
● Expert level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks.
● Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader.
● Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
● Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
● Understanding of software design patterns and Android design patterns.
● 3+ years of experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST.
● Experience working closely with product and design.
● BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer
● Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business