Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
Swvl is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help lead one of the crucial pillars under the Marketplace team. As a Product Manager, the role is responsible for driving the conceptual and technical development of product ideas from end-to-end for our customers and business teams. Additionally, the role is charge of solving complex problems (Live ETA, Ride replacements, back ups) of making core Marketplace systems more agile.
What You’ll Do
- Be a customer advocate, articulate their needs and deliver user-friendly solutions that solve their challenges
- Contribute crucially to product strategy and OKRs, effectively prioritizing based on company goals
- Have platform level understanding of problems and build long term and at scale solutions for Marketplace
- Understand systems at a technical level and the information flow to analyze tradeoffs and make decisions
- Create milestones, prepare a project plan, evangelize and present timelines/updates to stakeholders across and outside the marketplace
- Lead a cross-functional team, partnering with engineering, data science and other product teams to ship high impact capabilities and product improvements driving efficiency
What You’ll Need
- Educational qualification of B.Tech with an MBA preferably
- At Least 4 years of experience working as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale products
- Self-supporting and proactive, you take ownership, ask for help when you need it, and are always looking to learn something new
- You’re entrepreneurial and are comfortable working in a complex and face-paced environment
- Analytical and data-driven, you rely on data to recognize what’s happening and define & measure success on every project
- You are customer-obsessed
- Experience as a software engineer/developer and working with distributed teams are highly desired