Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day
About the Role
As Swvl continues to expand its SaaS/TaaS services around the world, the Swvl team is looking for a motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment to take Swvl’s SaaS/TaaS to the next level. As the Regional Director of Sales for Swvl, you will own the sales strategy of our solution suite in the region, be responsible for developing and motivating a high-performing sales team and build a strong network with internal and external partners to develop account acquisition and expansion strategies. We are looking for an experienced business leader with a proven track record of leading matrixed teams and exceeding sales targets. To be successful in the role, we need a motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strategic mentality who thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
What You’ll Do
• Manage multiple sales teams in the geography
• Own and manage the entire sales process/cycle from top to bottom & shape the sales strategy
• Set and achieve revenue targets according to company goals / sales conversion metrics & monthly or annual sales goals
• Deliver positive results against quarterly and annual revenue goals
• Work closely with the Marketing team on generating leads and on developing & optimizing messaging to increase sales team effectiveness
• Cultivate and maintain deep relationships with both current clients and new prospects
• Own the overall team performance and pacing towards our business goals
• Be a subject matter expert in your domain, constantly review the market to determine client’s changing needs
• Plan the Sales’ team headcount & structure to achieve target business goals
• Fluent in SaaS/ TaaS sales methodologies and have worked with value selling/ROI teams & tools
• Works well across teams -- role will interact with Marketing, Partner Success, Product, and Operations teams frequently
• Lead the team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets by generating a sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close while growing existing client relationships.
• Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
• Talent magnet -- demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies.
• Drive your team to expand knowledge and nurture professional development and performance.
What You’ll Need
• 8+ years of experience managing both sales and operational teams across multiple territories.
• Outstanding business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish high-value priorities and strategies to pursue them.
• Experience working effectively with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment.
• A portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets, business objectives, and larger company goals.
• Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion - leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions