Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Influence and contribute to Swvl’s platform & system architecture.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and the frontend chapter.
- Work hands-on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the frontend chapter.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable, and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing, shipping, and maintaining web applications and systems
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity in state management libraries like Redux and MobX.
- Experience working in a micro-frontends environment
- Good understanding of bundling tools like Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt.
- Good understanding of reactive programming libraries like RxJs.
- Experience with Maps APIs like Google maps, or MapBox, etc.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader is a plus