Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About The Tribe
TaaS (Transport as a Service) is the tribe owning the engineering aspects of the corporate's business vertical in Swvl. Swvl Corporate is a one-stop solution for organizational commutes and travel needs. With our technology, we help companies to manage their transportation network more efficiently. Hereby, our technology enables optimized routes as well as 100% data-driven network planning.
We provide companies with a subscription-based managed service where we provide vehicles and manage the daily operations for transporting employees along with the system. Our expertise enables us to provide the optimal number of vehicles and fleet mix that fits each individual organization and their needs regardless of the industry, and the ability to offer more optimized rides at a lower cost. Our systems absorb any supply network giving access to create flexible schedules and timelines for all clients regardless of the industry with 100% reliability.
- Develop and manage roadmap and execution of software test architecture,
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes
- Address technical debt incurred affecting infrastructure.
- Lead the development of complex end to end quality strategies and approaches; oversees test automation strategy development and execution for large projects or technical domain area
- Creates, approves, and manages all types of automated test strategies across all parameters both functional and non-functional areas; including system, integration, performance, security, usability.
- Stress, Scale, and Load testing of our products
- Review and test your teammates pull requests.
- Create a vision for quality management
- Supports test team by providing technical guidance, domain expertise, coaching, and problem-solving in complex or large projects
- Actively contribute to improving the testing processes overall
- Participates in improving the chapter performance & approaches
- Influences the direction of automation efforts, its schedule, and priorities
- Having a bigger picture whenever a new feature/project is initiated and being able to build a good test infrastructure for it (documentation, automation & test plans)
- 3-5 Years of Experience
- Ability to work with agile methodology, experience in driving and delivering high-quality products to production
- Proven experience introducing and qualifying manufacturing test solutions to production facilities
- Experience in managing detailed test coverage and improving test efficiency
- Experience in performance, load, stress testing types
- Knowledge of testing approaches like TDD and BDD.
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines for the related projects
- Experience in testing backend services such as APIs, Databases, distributed services, and distributed systems
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'
- Experience with UNIX/Linux is a Plus
- Experience of Docker , Kubernetes, and container technologies is a Plus