Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Internal Communication & Employer Branding Manager to help us streamline our internal communications and engage with our employees and our candidates in the most authentic and well articulated way. You will design and enable the implementation of both Internal Communications and Employer Branding strategy aligned with our ambitious business goals.
As a key role in our organizational ecosystem, your work will be crucial to strengthen our employer of choice brand and ensure to deliver an astounding experience for our employees. You will develop global strategies and creative tactics so that we can continue to attract and retain top-notch talented colleagues.
What you'll do
- Develop internal communications strategy and manage activities output.
- Develop employer branding strategy and narrative.
- Work closely with the People & Culture team to publish timely company communication internally and externally.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts.
- Set a communication activities timeline to coordinate with company events or initiatives.
- Set a budget for communication and employer branding activities.
- Support ideas with data and research.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication.
- Publish employer branding content on the company website, social media platforms, and blogs.
- Overlook content creation, edit and revise content as necessary.
- Ensure colleagues are engaged in company initiatives.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelors in Journalism, communications or PR with 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the tech space – recruiting, marketing or employer branding.
- Proven track record in executing successful employer branding/marketing initiatives.
- Ability to utilize metrics to demonstrate success in building employer branding proposition.
- Experience in using data to tell compelling stories.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the gravitas to work effectively with a wide range of varying levels of seniority.
- Resourceful – able to think creatively and cost effectively.
- Established relationships with potential employer branding partners, eg. Platforms or branding organizations.
- Experience in using data to tell compelling stories and securing buy-in.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, while remaining composed, thorough and detail orientated.
- Excellent research skills - always on top of industry changes and trends.