Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About Marketplace Tribe:
Marketplace is the platform that connects customers and captains. Our goal is to be reliable, profitable, and scalable. We do this by focusing on ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals), pricing, dispatching, support multiple choices of rides, and the network’s efficient coverage growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and manage roadmap and execution of software test architecture,
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes
- Address technical debt incurred affecting infrastructure.
- Lead the development of complex end to end quality strategies and approaches; oversees test automation strategy development and execution for large projects or technical domain area
- Creates, approves, and manages all types of automated test strategies across all parameters both functional and non-functional areas; including system, integration, performance, security, usability.
- Stress, Scale, and Load testing of our products
- Review and test your teammates pull requests.
- Create a vision for quality management
- Supports test team by providing technical guidance, domain expertise, coaching, and problem-solving in complex or large projects
- Actively contribute to improving the testing processes overall
- Participates in improving the chapter performance & approaches
- Influences the direction of automation efforts, its schedule, and priorities
- Having a bigger picture whenever a new feature/project is initiated and being able to build a good test infrastructure for it (documentation, automation & test plans)
- More than 2 years of experience
- Ability to work with agile methodology, experience in driving and delivering high-quality products to production
- Proven experience introducing and qualifying manufacturing test solutions to production facilities
- Experience in managing detailed test coverage and improving test efficiency
- Experience in performance, load, stress testing types
- Knowledge of testing approaches like TDD and BDD.
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines for the related projects
- Experience in testing backend services such as APIs, Databases, distributed services, and distributed systems
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'
- Experience with UNIX/Linux is a Plus
- Experience of Docker , Kubernetes, and container technologies is a Plus